I found out today that my cousins V and R's house burned down two early mornings ago. Horrifying! However, they all made it out alive. No alarms went off, just woke to smoke and heat. I cannot imagine. My initial reaction was joy that they were ok, but I am sad to admit it, but I thought about all the loss of their stuff. This kind of thing could happen to any one of us. In an instant. and its not really all that bad, house burning down and all. I mean dagum it is bad, but it really really could be worse. I think about all the patients in my hospital. whew!
Makes me think about stuff. We have all this stuff. But, it is so replaceable and really unnecessary. I remember staying over at their house and my cousin R telling me about all her furniture how it was her great grandmothers, and they had the most awesome rustic brown leather couch. Amazing table they made too from an old door. All replaceable yes. But still.
I try and I try to get rid of my stuff. I always find that I continue to accumulate. I would love to be rid of everything and just pack what I have into a Winnebago and hit the road. I wonder if I will ever be at that point?
I feel a need lately to post on here more often. not for anyone else but myself. I have no followers, except Dillard, whom I love, but I need to write so that I can get my creative thoughts and visions and dreams and beliefs out. Plus, I am becoming obsessed with other blogs. Today it is Pioneer Woman: Truly truly. Like cannot get enough. I think I have always loved a glimpse into other folks lives. and for this gal in particular, I have always loved and imagined living on a farm, yet feeling so connected in the city. She blogs about all that. It's really neato!
Well, from stuff gone to new stuff happennning, I hope I can post on here more often. Labor day has passed and a new year (school really, but new for me too) has come. Heres to truly loving and enjoying!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment