Sunday, May 9, 2010

Making a house a home



Today I made a trek to Home Depot. Rose came along in the car to sniff out my new finds. I have been thinking about putting some flowers or herbs in this small patch of dirt in front of my porch. After the porch ceiling was redone by Steve, I figured, now would be a good time (glad I didn't do it before as they would have been ruined). So, I got 2 hydrangeas and 2 of these other kinds I cannot recall and 6 of these little flowery ones. My mom said the hydrangeas might not bloom or do anything in my time here, but, who knows... I might blow everyone away and stay at this little spot longer than a year. So, here is the shot of my little flower bed. I enjoy gardening so much. Love getting dirty and digging. Also, it looks so nice when it is done. My neighbor came by when I was finishing up and said that her yard man usually mows my yard as well. They are virtually connected. I think she just likes them to look good and that is fine with me.

It was absolutely beautiful out today. I love this weather, cool and crisp. I do not like my nose feeling like shit and needing to be blown all the day because of allergies.

Yesterday was Steve's graduation from UGA. Mom, dad and I went out to Athens to the lovely Sanford stadium. His graduation was the 225th one of UGA's so it was super special. It was at night, which it hasn't been in years and there were fireworks after. nice. Alton Brown was the speaker. http://www.altonbrown.com/ He was awesome. Didn't know how much I liked him until yesterday. He went to UGA. He made great points about living your life, loving your life, marrying wisely and forever, enjoying everything you do, failing hard and failing awesomely and basically, finding what you love doing and do it, even if it isn't what you thought it would be. That really made me think. Do I enjoy every aspect of what I do? Or, do I do it because I went to school for it and now am stuck? I love it. I do. But sometimes I can think of other things I might love equally or more. I am really going to try to love my life more and more and not have regrets. I am going to be a first rate version of me, not a second rate version of someone else. He also said that :)



Basically, it also made me miss Athens. I loved that town, through and through. But, I don't know if it will ever be the same it was when I was in school there. Sad. That is why you have to live and enjoy your life and all the experiences you get and share.

No comments:

Post a Comment